Air fryers are one of the most popular kitchen gadgets nowadays. They can help you cook delicious and crispy food with little to no oil, making them a healthier alternative to deep-frying. But with so many models and brands on the market, how do you choose the best air fryer for healthy cooking or for your other needs?
In this post, we’ll review five of the best air fryers for healthy cooking based on their features, performance, and quality, which we came up with through rigorous testing. We’ll also give you some tips on how to use and maintain your air fryer. Let’s get started!
1/5 – Best Air Fryers for Healthy Cooking
Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 Air Fryer
The Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 Air Fryer is more than just an air fryer. It’s also a grill, roaster, baker, dehydrator, and broiler. You can use it to cook a variety of foods, from burgers and steaks to chicken and veggies, with up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods.
The Ninja Foodi has a large 4-quart capacity that can fit up to 2 lbs of fries or 4 chicken breasts. It also has a digital control panel that lets you choose from six cooking functions and adjust the time and temperature. Plus, it has a splatter shield that prevents grease from dripping onto the heating element, making it easy to clean.
Some of the features we love about the Ninja Foodi are:
- The Cyclonic Grilling Technology creates char-grilled marks and flavors without smoke or flare-ups.
- The Smart Cook System monitors the food’s internal temperature and automatically adjusts the heat for optimal results.
- The nonstick ceramic-coated basket and crisper plate are dishwasher-safe and PTFE/PFOA-free.
2/5 – Best Air Fryers for Healthy Cooking
Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer
The Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer is a premium air fryer that doubles as a toaster oven. It has a spacious 1 cubic foot interior that can fit a 14-lb turkey, a 12-cup muffin tray, or a 13-inch pizza. It also has 11 preset functions that let you air fry, toast, bake, roast, broil, dehydrate, reheat, and more.
The Breville Smart Oven has a sleek stainless steel design that looks great on any countertop. It also has an LCD display that shows you the cooking settings and progress. And it has a super convection fan that circulates hot air around the food for fast and even cooking.
Some of the features we love about the Breville Smart Oven are:
- The Element IQ system intelligently adjusts the heat and time for each function.
- The PID temperature control maintains precise and consistent temperatures throughout the cooking process.
- The dual-speed fan offers regular or super convection for different types of foods.
3/5 – Best Air Fryers for Healthy Cooking
Cosori Air Fryer Lite 3.8L
The Cosori Air Fryer Lite is a WiFi-enabled air fryer that lets you control and monitor your cooking from anywhere using your smartphone or voice assistant. You can choose from over 100 recipes in the Cosori app or create your own custom settings. You can also use Alexa or Google Assistant to start, stop, or check on your cooking.
The Cosori Air Fryer has a 3.8-liter capacity that can fit up to 2 lbs of food. It also has a digital touch screen that lets you select from eight preset functions or manually adjust the time and temperature. And it has a nonstick basket that is removable and dishwasher-safe.
Some of the features we love about the Cosori Air Fryer are:
- The Rapid Air Circulation Technology cooks food faster and more evenly with less oil.
- The Keep Warm function keeps your food at the ideal temperature until you’re ready to eat.
- The Shake Reminder function reminds you to shake your food halfway through for optimal crispiness.
4/5 – Best Air Fryers for Healthy Cooking
Tefal EasyFry Precision 2-in-1 Air Fryer and Grill
The Tefal EasyFry Precision is a 2-in-1 air fryer and grill that lets you cook two dishes at once at different temperatures and times. You can use the upper grill plate to cook meat, fish, or cheese, and the lower frying basket to cook fries, nuggets, or veggies. You can also use them separately or together for different combinations.
The Tefal EasyFry has a 4.2-liter capacity that can fit up to six servings. It also has a digital control panel that lets you choose from nine preset functions or manually adjust the time and temperature. And it has a patented Air Pulse Technology that delivers hot air for crispy and healthy results.
Some of the features we love about the Tefal EasyFry are:
- The removable grill plate and frying basket are nonstick and dishwasher-safe.
- The automatic shut-off and audible-ready signal prevent overcooking and ensure safety.
- The cool-touch handle and anti-slip feet make it easy and comfortable to use.
5/5 – Best Air Fryers for Healthy Cooking
Instant Pot Vortex Pro 10 Air Fryer
The Instant Pot Vortex Pro is a multifunctional air fryer that can also bake, roast, broil, dehydrate, reheat, proof dough, and rotisserie. You can use it to cook a whole chicken, a pizza, a cake, or even homemade jerky. It has a 10-quart capacity that can fit up to four pounds of food.
The Instant Pot Vortex Pro has a stainless steel exterior that is stylish and sturdy. It also has a LED display that shows you the cooking settings and progress. And it has a rotisserie basket, spits, forks, and a lift that is easy to install and remove.
Some of the features we love about the Instant Pot Vortex Pro are:
- The EvenCrisp Technology ensures tender inside and crispy outside results.
- The One-Step EvenCrisp Technology allows you to air fry and rotate your food at the same time.
- The Overheat Protection function automatically turns off the device if it gets too hot.
To use and maintain the air fryer, you can follow these steps:
- To use the air fryer, you need to first plug it in and place it on a heat-resistant surface. Keep it 6 to 12 inches from the wall when cooking.
- Next, you need to choose the food you want to air fry and prepare it according to the recipe.
- Then, you need to preheat the air fryer if required by the recipe. You can do this by selecting the temperature and time and pressing start. Some air fryers have a preheat function that you can use instead.
- After the air fryer is preheated, you need to place the food in the basket or tray and slide it into the air fryer. Make sure not to overcrowd the food or stack it too high, as this will affect the air circulation and cooking results.
- Next, you need to select the cooking function, temperature, and time for your food. You can use the preset functions if your air fryer has them, or manually adjust them according to the recipe. You can also use a meat thermometer to check the doneness of your food.
- During the cooking process, you may need to shake or flip your food halfway through for even browning and crispiness. Some air fryers have a shake reminder function that will alert you when to do this.
- When the cooking is done, you need to carefully remove the basket or tray from the air fryer and transfer the food to a plate or platter. Use oven mitts or tongs to avoid burns from hot surfaces.
- To maintain the air fryer, you need to clean it after each use. You can do this by following these steps:
- Unplug the air fryer and let it cool down completely before cleaning.
- Clean the heating element with a nonabrasive sponge or gentle cloth and hot water. Add a tiny bit of dish soap to the sponge or cloth if the heating element has any grease. Rinse with clean, hot water to remove the soap residue.
- Remove the basket or tray from the air fryer and wash it with hot water and dish soap. You can also use a soft brush or scraper to remove any stuck-on food. Rinse well and dry thoroughly.
- Wipe the exterior of the air fryer with a damp cloth and dry it with a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads on the surface.
- Store the air fryer in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
These are the five best air fryers for healthy cooking that we recommend based on our research. They are all affordable, easy to use, and highly rated by thousands of customers.
We hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful. If you did, please share it with your friends and family who might also benefit from these air fryers. And let us know in the comments below which air fryer is your favorite or if you have any other suggestions for us.